Insurance through LGIAsuper
Enjoy peace of mind knowing you and your family are prepared for whatever may happen in the future.
If you were too sick or injured to work, how would you afford your day-to-day living expenses and other financial commitments?
Thankfully, most LGIAsuper members receive automatic death and disability insurance cover that can provide financial support if the unthinkable happens.
Having this insurance through LGIAsuper means:
- You receive an amount of cover automatically when you become a member.
- You take advantage of our group buying power and generally pay lower premiums than if you applied for cover outside of a super fund.
- And… because premiums are taken from your super, you don’t need to dip into your take-home pay.
So, let’s have a look at the different types of cover available:
- Death and Terminal Illness cover provides a lump sum payment if you die or are diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- Total and Permanent Disablement cover, also known as TPD cover, pays you a one-off lump sum when you’re permanently disabled and unable to work again. And finally…
- Income Protection provides a monthly payment to replace up to three quarters of your income if you are temporarily unable to work because of sickness or injury. This is payable for up to 2 years.
The amount and type of insurance you automatically receive depends on a number of factors like your age, when you joined LGIAsuper, and how you’re employed.
You can check how much cover you have by logging into LGIAsuper online or calling us.
So, is the cover you have enough?
Everyone’s insurance needs are different. That’s why LGIAsuper’s Insurance needs calculator helps you estimate how much cover you are likely to need based on your situation.
And remember, as your life changes, so do your insurance needs. A new home, partner or family member are just some of the things that affect how much insurance you should have. So it’s a good idea to regularly review your cover.
And if you don’t have enough, applying for more is easy.
With a little planning today, you’ll enjoy peace of mind knowing you and your family are prepared for whatever may happen tomorrow.
Explore our website or call us to find out more.
This video has been produced by the Queensland Local Government Superannuation Board (ABN 94 085 088 484 AFSL 230511) on behalf of the Local Government Superannuation Scheme (ABN 23 053 121 564). It provides general advice only. It has been prepared without taking into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. You must not rely on this information alone as a sole or primary source of advice or guidance for the purpose of making decisions about your superannuation and insurance options.
If you are interested in exercising your options in LGIAsuper, in relation to a matter referred to in this video, you should obtain the relevant Product Disclosure Statement and Insurance guide, and consider contacting an LGIAsuper representative.
The information included in this video does not apply to members with a Defined Benefit account. Different insurance arrangements apply and these members should read the relevant Defined Benefit guide for full details of the benefits available to them.
This video provides general advice only. It has been prepared without taking into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs. You must not rely on this information alone as a sole or primary source of advice or guidance for the purpose of making decisions about your superannuation options.