If you earn at least 90% of your taxable income from self-employment, you could contribute to your LGIAsuper account and claim a tax deduction.
How do I make a contribution?
You can make a contribution to your LGIAsuper account in one of the following ways:
- Use our BPAY generator to obtain the reference number and unique biller code to make a BPAY payment to your super account
- Submit contributions for yourself (and any of your employees) in the one transaction using the LGIAsuper clearing house
What else should I consider?
Before making a contribution you should be aware:
- you generally won’t be able to access this money until you retire after reaching your preservation age
- the Australian Government will charge a contributions tax of 15% on any amounts you claim a tax deduction for on entry to LGIAsuper
- you may also be taxed when you withdraw these amounts from your super
- you may be eligible for the super co-contribution for personal contributions if a tax deduction is not claimed